Arduino, Adafruit IO and ESP32 Huzzah

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
tomtheriverguide

Arduino, Adafruit IO and ESP32 Huzzah

Post by tomtheriverguide »

I am having the hardest time finding instructions to get my ESP32 Huzzah (+ CP2104 Friend, on a Mac running El Capitain) setup to talk to Adafruit IO using the Arduino IDE. I have a project that uses the ESP8266 Huzzah board and am trying to migrate to the Newer ESP32 board and then add more features. The ESP8266 had great resources to setup Adafruit IO - easy peasey. I have been able to upload sketches to the ESP32 (blink and other non-IO related sketches) and have them work. When I introduced the Adafruit IO code, I got a LOT of error messaging and went looking for step-by-step instructions to load the proper board definitions and libraries to use Adafruit IO. I cannot find any instructions that make sense to me. Can anyone send me a link to some web page or any resource with step-by step instructions that can help me get the Arduino IDE set up for the ESP32 Huzzah to use Adafruit IO?

jwcooper

Re: Arduino, Adafruit IO and ESP32 Huzzah

Post by jwcooper »

There are some known issues with the ESP32 board support package, we have a couple of recent forum posts on these:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=175113
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=175896&p=857841

You may be running into those issues, depending on your firmware version.

Otherwise, here is the guide for using our Adafruit IO Arduino library, it includes support for the ESP32, just like the ESP8266:
https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-a ... /libraries

Library here:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_IO_Arduino/

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”