Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

Control several ESP32 modules simultaneously from PC
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Control several ESP32 modules simultaneously from PC

by xbr on Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:16 am

I have several LED light strips in my studio controlled by their own ESP32 module. I currently have designed an app on my phone that targets each individually but it sometimes is a hassle... Say, when I come into my studio and want to turn them all on to the same setting to get into the mood to do some work! I was wondering what you'd recommend in order to have a "one-stop" place on my computer to trigger them all at the same time.

My first thought was to go the simple, albeit very un-elegant route: I was thinking of creating an internal website that allowed me to choose the setting (ie the strip animation), the brightness and whether the lights should be turned on or off; when hitting Send it would open a new tab for each IP, sending the necessary commands through the URL. Then, somehow, I would get each tab to close automatically once the success message was received (I don't even know if this is possible, but having to close the tabs one by one seems as practical as having to manually set each light's configuration!).

I'm sure there must be a better way. Thanks in advance!

xbr

Re: Control several ESP32 modules simultaneously from PC

by brubell on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:17 am

I was wondering what you'd recommend in order to have a "one-stop" place on my computer to trigger them all at the same time.

You may want to look at io.adafruit.com's dashboard functionality :)

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.