IO Adafruit Upgrades Suggestions
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

IO Adafruit Upgrades Suggestions

by FirstFloor322 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:07 am

I have a suggestion, when i have mutliple toggles in a dashboard, all linked to the same feed, when i use a toggle all others return to default state, is there any way you could add a functionality wherein it retains it state irrespective of other toggles?

also pls add a width functionality to the toggle widget, all the text seem to be wierdly outa frame(check attachment),

im using this for my smarthome project and its really annoying cz i cannot see which toggles are on/off cz all of em return to default state.......

Could anyone at Adafruit IO pls pls pls pls help me??????

and before u say it,.........no i cant have multiple feeds, its wayy too much clutter and also im using ifttt which doesnt allow so many feeds
Attachments
{52AD5260-3E3F-4559-85B8-AA12CB8B4659}.png
{52AD5260-3E3F-4559-85B8-AA12CB8B4659}.png (9.62 KiB) Viewed 58 times

FirstFloor322

Re: IO Adafruit Upgrades Suggestions

by brubell on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:14 am

also pls add a width functionality to the toggle widget, all the text seem to be wierdly outa frame(check attachment),

The text inside the switch should be short text, like "on" or "off" to contain the value, not a long string. The block's title handles the name of the block.

I have a suggestion, when i have mutliple toggles in a dashboard, all linked to the same feed, when i use a toggle all others return to default state, is there any way you could add a functionality wherein it retains it state irrespective of other toggles?

If every toggle is linked to the same feed, they should all show the same values at the same time (each toggle reflects the value of the feed's lastValue).

As a solution, we suggest using multiple feeds with each feed linked to a different block to avoid this issue. There's no ETA for adding this functionality since you're using the blocks in an unintended way and I haven't seen many requests for this functionality.

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.