Connection refused with new account

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
DocDrum

Connection refused with new account

Post by DocDrum »

Hi there,

I just created an account to get started with IoT, but unfortunately something seems to have gone wrong. When I visit io.adafruit.com I get an error message:

MQTT ERROR, disconnected at 2021/04/02 8:07:07AM.Connection refused: Not authorized, retrying in 10 seconds

above my welcome dashboards. Furthermore, I tried to connect a Raspberry-Pi running reef-pi to adafruit.io with my IO_Key, but I can't establish a connection and upload data. I only get an error: Please set a valid adafruit.io key. I haven't done any coding on my own so far, so I can't supply any more information. I tried regenarating the key and used the new key, but that didn`t help either.

Any Ideas?

Regards

Christian

DocDrum

Re: Connection refused with new account

Post by DocDrum »

OK, as master Yoda might say: "Patient you must be, young BANNED". Works now, maybe setting up a new account simply takes some time.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”