iPhone to IO account question

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
_phillip

iPhone to IO account question

Post by _phillip »

I have searched for a specific iPhone app that would allow me to see my IO data. I did find the LE version, but that is not what I need.

Is there a specific iPhone app that will connect to my IO account (when I create it)?

What I would like to be able do do is to feed tank water level data to IO and be able to see it on a cell phone 24/7.

Thank you.

millercommamatt

Re: iPhone to IO account question

Post by millercommamatt »

Is there some reason you can't view in in the browser?

I just keep my various dashboards bookmarked.

_phillip

Post by _phillip »

millercommamatt wrote:Is there some reason you can't view in in the browser?

I just keep my various dashboards bookmarked.
Here is some background: I am building Feather MO WiFi based controllers to monitor two water tank levels which provide water to 62 households. At present, we have to manually monitor the tank levels.

The state (NM) has forced us to install wifi at each tank which inspired me to build these microcontrollers. I have my prototype controller working and would like to send the tank level data to AIO.

I think it impractical to have to lug around a computer to visualize the data on AIO, which is why I wondered if Adafruit had an app that would work for just this purpose. I'm sure it's possible to use a cell phone to log in to the AIO website and view the data that way, which may resolve my issue. However, at present, I have not set up my IO account to test this out.

Thanks for your post.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

I think it impractical to have to lug around a computer to visualize the data on AIO, which is why I wondered if Adafruit had an app that would work for just this purpose.
Nothing at the moment, we suggest using a mobile device to view your dashboards. We even provide a mobile version of the dashboard to fit your device's browser.

_phillip

Post by _phillip »

brubell wrote:
I think it impractical to have to lug around a computer to visualize the data on AIO, which is why I wondered if Adafruit had an app that would work for just this purpose.
Nothing at the moment, we suggest using a mobile device to view your dashboards. We even provide a mobile version of the dashboard to fit your device's browser.
Bummer! I suppose I can't win'em all. I appreciate your help.

bgroden

Post by bgroden »

Hi. Where is the mobile version of the adafruit io dashboard available at?

Thank you,

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

bgroden wrote:Hi. Where is the mobile version of the adafruit io dashboard available at?

Thank you,
Visiting io.adafruit.com on a mobile phone will render the page for your phone's display

bgroden

Post by bgroden »

Thank you very much.

Any timing on when there will be a mobile App. for this?

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

No timing on a mobile app. Not in the short-term at the very least.

IO should work quite well on mobile using the web. You can even save https://io.adafruit.com to your home screen (on iOS tap Add To Home Screen in Share options), and it should make it even easier to launch it.

bgroden

Post by bgroden »

Thank you!

martinsaw01

Post by martinsaw01 »

Thank you so much...

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”