2 digit display with ItsyBitsy
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

2 digit display with ItsyBitsy

by Markarkark on Mon May 10, 2021 4:56 pm

I purchased a ItsyBitsy32u4 and I am trying to get a display to work with it. I have a CL3621BH two digit display with 10 pins. I have searched through pages of tutorials and cannot find a single one that will display properly. Do you know of a pin schematic and code available? I am brand new to this and most of the answers I have received from the Arduino Forums are way over my head.

Markarkark

Re: 2 digit display with ItsyBitsy

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue May 11, 2021 1:21 am

That doesn't look like the name of anything we carry.

I found a datasheet for a 2-digit 7-segment LED array with that part number:

http://www.xlitx.com/datasheet/CL3621BH.pdf

which looks like a standard common-cathode display. The second page has the information you need: in the upper right corner it has a map that assigns letters to each segment, and the pinout diagram at the bottom tells you which pin controls each segment.

The segment pins connect to the LEDs in both digits, so you multiplex the display by pulling the correct segments for the first digit low and connecting power to the common cathode for that digit (pin 10 in the datasheet above), then disconnecting power from pin 10, pulling the correct segments for the second digit low, and connecting power to the common cathode for the second digit (pin 5).

If you swap between the digits about 50 times per second, people won't be able to see them flicker. It will look like both digits are lit at the same time.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.