Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

LED and Sound Question
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

LED and Sound Question

by drjones on Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm

I am trying to find the simplest way to add a single LED and a single sound to a prop. I've played with a soundboard and just wired the LED right off of the battery on the same switch... This is for a prop space gun. It needs to be small, self-contained, and fairly loud. The path I'm on now is a soundboard with lipo backpack, LED wired off the backpack through the same switch, and a small speaker. Please let me know if you have a better/simpler solution. Thanks.

drjones

Re: LED and Sound Question

by dastels on Mon May 10, 2021 7:09 pm

I assume you are talking about one of the AudioFX boards. If so, they have an ACT output that also drives the red LED, and goes low while an audio file is playing. You may or may not need to use it to drive a transistor which will drive the LED depending on the current requirements of the LED. For a typical small LED (as opposed to a high powered one) you shoudl be ok. Put a 220-330 ohm resister in series with it . See https://learn.adafruit.com/all-about-leds for more information on using LEDs.

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.