Integration of IFTTT with Adafruit IO MQTT broker and Abode

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
YoukimKudoh

Integration of IFTTT with Adafruit IO MQTT broker and Abode

Post by YoukimKudoh »

I have Adafruit IO and Abode added as services to my IFTTT account. I have built applets to trigger actions on Abode when messages are received on my Adafruit IO feeds. These applets work, however there is a great deal of latency between when the message is received by the Adafruit broker and when the IFTTT applet finally fires. Can anything be tweaked to reduce the delay between message and applet? Is there another MQTT service that has better integration with IFTTT?

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Integration of IFTTT with Adafruit IO MQTT broker and Ab

Post by brubell »

The delay between Adafruit IO and IFTTT is on IFTTT's side as they guarantee a 15-minute interval window in which the applet can execute.

If Abode (I don't have any experience with this service) has the ability to receive a webhook, you could use adafruit io's reactive trigger feature with it: https://blog.adafruit.com/2020/08/06/ad ... dafruitio/

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”