Read IO data with a pyportal

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Kidkill

Read IO data with a pyportal

Post by Kidkill »

Hello, is is possible to post sensor data to adafruit IO with a device like the funhouse then display that info on a device like the pyportal? I have figured out how to connect the funhouse to IO and post data, but not how to display that info other than on the web browser. Is there a guide I am not finding for displaying that info on a device?

eherrada

Re: Read IO data with a pyportal

Post by eherrada »

This should have what you need. You may need to cut out a few bits you don't need, but the important stuff's there, https://learn.adafruit.com/pyportal-pet ... code-setup

Also, if you want to just display it on the FunHouse (and PyPortal, when I get around to adding support), check out this library that does all the heavy lifting of creating the UI and setting callback functions: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Ci ... sh_Display

Kidkill

Post by Kidkill »

dherrada, thank you for your response. I'm not sure if these will do what I am looking to do, but I could be wrong. I'm looking to put a device such as the funhouse in the garage to collect sensor data and post it to IO, then have another device in the house to display that info. I don't know if IO can even be used in this way, but it seems like it might. Are the examples you've shared showing me how to do this, and I am just missing something?

Thanks

Kidkill

Post by Kidkill »

dherrada, I spoke too soon, I see now that your code is doing exactly what I am trying to do. Thank you very much!

eherrada

Post by eherrada »

Awesome. Let me know if you've got any questions

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”