iPad dashboard layout display changes by itself

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Systembolaget

iPad dashboard layout display changes by itself

Post by Systembolaget »

For making educational videos, on an iPad (iOS 12.5.3) that will be filmed as part of the scene, I arranged a dasboard with a single line chart based a single feed in portrait mode to fill the whole designated area so only the Adafruit logo and menu at the top are visible, the grey line separator at the bottom. When I re-load the page (Safari), or close and open the iPad, the line chart is resized and at the bottom left of the dashboard, well down. See attached image.

What can one do to keep a previously laid out dashboard unmodified?

Thanks!
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-12 um 10.08.53.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-12 um 10.08.53.png (36.44 KiB) Viewed 274 times

jwcooper

Re: iPad dashboard layout display changes by itself

Post by jwcooper »

Hi, we've filed an issue internally to explore this issue.

The only way I can see this happening (in a non-bug state) is if you're going from portrait to landscape, as that would change the size of the layout. We have multiple sizes for layouts, and they may need to be re-saved for each size (portrait vs landscape).

That doesn't appear to be the case in this situation, as you're saving in portrait, and seeing the issue on refresh in portrait mode.

You can see the size of the layout being saved when editing a dashboard (the LG in the screenshot).
Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 15-30-14 Adafruit IO.png
Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 15-30-14 Adafruit IO.png (3.39 KiB) Viewed 252 times

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”