Sharing Dashboard link

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Tom_Henry

Sharing Dashboard link

Post by Tom_Henry »

I have created a dashboard that looks like the attached screen shot file.

However, when I share the link with friends, they don't see the dashboard like I do.

It's all messed up and has the various block icons and data not in the correct place.

Here is the link I created from my dashboard for sharing with friends:

https://io.adafruit.com/Tom_Henry/dashboards/bme680

Can you please tell what I am doing wrong or how I can fix it so my friends will see what I see.

Thank you,

Tom Henry
Attachments
Dashboard 2.png
Dashboard 2.png (459.56 KiB) Viewed 181 times

jwcooper

Re: Sharing Dashboard link

Post by jwcooper »

I think it's possible that not all of your feeds are public. Make sure to double check that all the feeds are publicly viewable. Here is what I see on the Medium sized layout:
Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 09-32-13 Adafruit IO.png
Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 09-32-13 Adafruit IO.png (163.8 KiB) Viewed 171 times
Another potential issue is the dashboard layouts have multiple widths. This allows you to configure each width independently. When you edit the dashboard, you can see the LG, or MD, etc. It appears your dashboard is configured for the medium size layout. We do a best approximation for the other layouts, but it appears we're not gracefully handling the large layout (or likely you may have saved the large layout early on in editing the dashboard).

Tom_Henry

Re: Sharing Dashboard link

Post by Tom_Henry »

Ok, I checked all my feeds and yes some of them were private. Now all of my feeds are public.

I then clicked on the Dashboard settings and there used to be a link that said something like Share with a Friend.

I have attached my updated dashboard and what I am seeing when I click on Dashboard settings.

What happened to the Share With a Friend link?

The URL I see when I am looking at my Dashboard is https://io.adafruit.com/Tom_Henry/dashboards/bme680

Tom Henry
Attachments
Dashboard settings.png
Dashboard settings.png (67.57 KiB) Viewed 162 times
Date and Time.png
Date and Time.png (494.2 KiB) Viewed 162 times

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”