Feather M0 Error Message

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
pkonigsberg

Feather M0 Error Message

Post by pkonigsberg »

I have a feather M0 with wifi which monitors pressure and temperature. When I let it run over night I find that it has stopped working by morning.
I thought maybe a variable is going over a size limit because I'm checking time with millis() and doing some math so that I'm not alerted more than once an hour. But I'm using large unsigned int's that should roll over anyways so I don't think that's happening. Does anyone have advice on what I should look into? I've seen people post error message codes... Where/how do I find these? I know folks often ask for posters to post their code but its several hundred lines long so it would be a lot to post and ask someone to look through.... Thank you for any advice!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Feather M0 Error Message

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

If the code compiles and uploads, then there are probably no error messages to look at. Using an unsigned long, millis won't roll over for about 49 days. And the rollover in itself would not cause the processor to hang. If you are doing anything that allocates memory, you may be running into a stack crash.

If you post your code we can take a look. It often helps to comment out sections of your code to find the minimum set of code that exhibits the problem.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”