CANNOT CONNECT TO SAME FEED

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
fkahraman

CANNOT CONNECT TO SAME FEED

Post by fkahraman »

Hello there. I am working on communicating two Quectel BC95 modules with each other. One as a publisher and the other as a subscriber. However, when the publisher is connected to the adafruit feed with mqtt and the subscriber tries to connect, the publisher is disconnected or vice versa. Two modules cannot connect to the same feed at the same time. How can I solve this problem? I'm waiting for your help.

Thanks.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO SAME FEED

Post by brubell »

However, when the publisher is connected to the adafruit feed with mqtt and the subscriber tries to connect, the publisher is disconnected or vice versa.
While I don't own the Quectel modules you mentioned, I have an idea of what's going on - when two MQTT clients attempt to connect with the same Client identifier, a broker will disconnect one of the clients. They can not share the same identifier. You'd need to set these client identifiers ("client ID") to be unique strings.

fkahraman

Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO SAME FEED

Post by fkahraman »

Thank you very much for helping. That's exactly the problem :) . I was able to solve the problem by using different Client ID.
Have a nice day.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”