IFTTT Only once an hour?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
upperairs

IFTTT Only once an hour?

Post by upperairs »

Hello,
I am sending a temperature via an esp8266 every minute to my feed. I have connected IFTTT to use two applets to turn on/off a TPlink plug on my window unit A/C. It seems that IFTTT only checks once and hour. Checking the activity on IFTTT the applet runs 16 times in one minute and then does not check for another hour. I am guessing this must be some kind of time out, over quota etc. protection? How can I prevent this? Thank you.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: IFTTT Only once an hour?

Post by brubell »

Checking the activity on IFTTT the applet runs 16 times in one minute and then does not check for another hour.
We're not sure what IFTTT's internal polling interval is. I've found through experimenting that it's typically 15 minutes and is set on their end, you may need to email their customer support - I do not think it shouldn't execute 16 times per minute.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”