font color change within feed data

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
JackTheSE

font color change within feed data

Post by JackTheSE »

I have a data feed used in a stream box, and I would like to dynamically command a change to the font color from my sketch. So for instance, if the data I'm sending represents a good condition I would command the font to be green, but if the data represents a bad condition, I would like to command a red font. Is there any way to do this? Are there any sample codes I should look at?

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: font color change within feed data

Post by brubell »

I'm not exactly sure what a "stream box" is, could you explain your setup in as much detail as possible? Thanks

JackTheSE

Post by JackTheSE »

Oh, sorry, I thought that was the proper term. When you are creating a new block for a dashboard from the block options screen, when you hover the mouse over the sample block in the "2-2" position, the word "Stream" pops us. It's between the "Text" block and the "Camera" block.

I'm basically displaying text messages from a feed that indicates the status of a state-machine controller. Some displayed events are fault conditions, and I thought it would be nice to have them in red. More generally it would be wonderful to be able to send HTML message, giving full control of the displayed messages. I'm not an expert in any of this, and I haven't found any tutorials or project examples for such things.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Ok! The stream block does not support user-settable font colors.

I'd suggest using two text blocks with different icons to differentiate between the 2 feeds

You can add this as a suggestion here and we'll take a look at it: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=130408

JackTheSE

Post by JackTheSE »

OK, thanks. Just thought I'd check...I'll make that suggestion!!!

JackTheSE

Post by JackTheSE »

You can add this as a suggestion here and we'll take a look at it: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=130408

Well, I went to the suggestion link you provided and reviewed what's there, and it's largely a dead end, isn't it? Many, many good suggestions with very sparse response from Admin, and none of those responses describe anything that has actually been implemented. So what's the point? Is this a dead product for AdaFruit???

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

So what's the point? Is this a dead product for AdaFruit???
The development team reads through suggestions. IO is (very) actively being worked on by Adafruit, we're currently spending time developing a new interface for Adafruit IO called Wippersnapper (https://blog.adafruit.com/2021/08/17/ad ... ocode-iot/).

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”