Wifi stemma qt module?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
munocat

Wifi stemma qt module?

Post by munocat »

I have a micropad, I was wondering if there is a way using the stemma qt port to hook up a wifi module?

dastels

Re: Wifi stemma qt module?

Post by dastels »

Not that I am aware of; I have not seen I2C WiFi modules. For a wifi module you'll need access to the SPI bus and a handful of digital GPIO pins for control signals (3 is usually enough).

Dave

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

The Macropad's SPI bus is internally connected to the OLED display, I'm not sure if you'd be able to use it for something like connecting an Adafruit AirLift wifi module

dastels

Post by dastels »

brubell wrote:The Macropad's SPI bus is internally connected to the OLED display, I'm not sure if you'd be able to use it for something like connecting an Adafruit AirLift wifi module
That's what I'm going to look at. Getting MOSI/MISO/SCLK from the display connection should be straight forward, although delicate, bodging. The trick will be picking up a few lines for the AirLift SPI control pins.

Dave

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”