ADAFRUIT HUZZAH ESP8266 Breakout GPIO0 USAGE

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
lunajar

ADAFRUIT HUZZAH ESP8266 Breakout GPIO0 USAGE

Post by lunajar »

I have a question about the Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266 Breakout. I have designed an IOT sensor and need to add an additional function through a button. I don't have the sensor with me at the moment as it is installed somewhere so I can't test this at my desk! Is it possible to use the GPIO0 button on the HUZZAH as an input button? I have written some code that will run the function after the button is held for 10 seconds. I understand that this button is used to put the board in bootloader mode. Will using the button in this way set it into bootloader mode? If so, could I set it to run the function after a double/triple press instead?

Thanks and apologies for my ignorance here!
Last edited by lunajar on Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: ADAFRUIT HUZZAH ESP8266 GPIO0 USAGE

Post by brubell »

GPIO0 button on the HUZZAH as an input button?
GPIO0 is connected to the RED LED, not the button.

If you're talking about the RST button, no, it's connected to the ESP8266 internally.

You'd need to wire up a button and resistor to one of the following GPIO pins accessible on the Feather HUZZAH: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... 2824936-15

lunajar

Re: ADAFRUIT HUZZAH ESP8266 GPIO0 USAGE

Post by lunajar »

Hi Brubell, thanks for your reply. The device I am using is the Adafruit Huzzah ESP8266 breakout https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-huz ... 6-breakout. It has two buttons (1) GPIO0 and (2) RESET. I shall edit my post to be clear that I am referring to this board.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”