DHT22 humity

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
maxmueller50

DHT22 humity

Post by maxmueller50 »

Hi
On my weatherstation I have installed an DHT22 humidity sensor. He works normally a well, but on longer time and after a number of very humidity days, the sensor will stay in a hi level (>90%)
To day I have changed the 3. Sensor
- the programmed data request is (reading) approx. every 7.5seconds (Arduino)
- voltage by the sensor is 4.98VDC
- on top over the sensor is a axial fan installed to grant a air flow

are there any ideas, what can be happened?
thank you for your assistance
Max

adafruit_support_bill

Re: DHT22 humity

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

That is a common problem with capacitive humidity sensors. If the sensor becomes saturated, it can take a long time to dry out and resume normal readings.

Some of the more sophisticated sensors like the ones from Bosch have built-in heating elements to keep the sensing element above the dew-point.

maxmueller50

Re: DHT22 humity

Post by maxmueller50 »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:That is a common problem with capacitive humidity sensors. If the sensor becomes saturated, it can take a long time to dry out and resume normal readings.

Some of the more sophisticated sensors like the ones from Bosch have built-in heating elements to keep the sensing element above the dew-point.
Thank you, this I thought the same

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”