how to detect a feed is down ?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Herwig9820

how to detect a feed is down ?

Post by Herwig9820 »

Hi,
I just started studying / playing with Adafruit IO communicating with an Arduino 33 IOT, so I am quite new to IOT.
Sending feed data to Adafruit IO and receiving feed data from Adafruit IO (using the REST API) works fine.
But I wonder how I can detect that a feed is down (offline) in order to indicate this condition on my Adafruit IO dashboard.
I guess I could use triggers to do that, but I don't seem to be able to find a way ...
(I am aware that I can use feed notifications to send me an email if a feed is down, but to be clear, my question is about displaying this on my dashboard).
I would very much appreciate your help.
Thanks
Herwig9820

jwcooper

Re: how to detect a feed is down ?

Post by jwcooper »

For dashboards specifically, your best bet would be the Stream block, and add the timestamp so you can see when the last data point was saved.

There may be some other creative ways to notify outside of the emails that others here can share, but I'm not aware of any other way.

Herwig9820

Re: how to detect a feed is down ?

Post by Herwig9820 »

OK, thank you very much. Should work, indeed.
Herwig9820

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”