Remove/delete range of data items from feed

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
themusicman

Remove/delete range of data items from feed

Post by themusicman »

Hi All

is there a way of removing/deleting a range of data items from a feed please? I was testing a temperature feed prior to setting it up in the location I wish to monitor, and it is causing the scale to be larger than I wish. is there a way of deleting a range of data rather than individual items one at a time please?

Thanks

jwcooper

Re: Remove/delete range of data items from feed

Post by jwcooper »

This currently isn't possible due to how deleting data is part of your data rate (it costs us the same amount to insert data as it does to delete data). If you deleted 50 data points all at once, it would cause you to get throttled.

The alternative is to delete all data in a feed, which is instant, or delete one by one. You can also delete via the api, and programmatically delete the items you no longer want. This would be much quicker than using the UI. Docs here: https://io.adafruit.com/api/docs/#delete-data-point

We may look into a way to do this within throttle limits for each user, but it's not something that's currently coming soon.

themusicman

Re: Remove/delete range of data items from feed

Post by themusicman »

Many thanks for the reply, now understood that it's part of the feed bandwidth.

Thanks for the suggested methods, I'll look into it.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”