Adafruit IO and Arduino Mega

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
aidan_the_tinkerer

Adafruit IO and Arduino Mega

Post by aidan_the_tinkerer »

Hi,

I would like to use my official Arduino Mega with my official Arduino ethernet 2 shield, though every time I compile for using ethernet, I get the error "error compiling for board Arduino Mega or Mega 2560". However, I have had success using the MQTT ethernet example. I'm wondering if the Adafruit IO library is compatible with this hardware.

Aidan

dastels

Re: Adafruit IO and Arduino Mega

Post by dastels »

That's not really an error. It's more of a summary. If you copy/paste the error messages, someone might be able to help.

Dave

aidan_the_tinkerer

Re: Adafruit IO and Arduino Mega

Post by aidan_the_tinkerer »

After switching to an older version of the IDE, I did get it to compile, though it does not connect - I only get:

Connecting to Adafruit IO.................. in the serial monitor. I added some lines from the MQTT ethernet example in hopes of getting it to work, but I noticed no improvements.

Code is attached below.

I've spend hours looking up if anyone has tried to use the Adafruit IO library with the Arduino Mega and ethernet shield, but I've only encountered people who have used the MQTT library. I'm thinking this is because the IO library doesn't work or is very difficult to use with such hardware. I've have a code that works using the MQTT library, but I really need the features of the Adafruit IO library. I've heard that the Airlift shield might work instead, but I'd like to be sure before purchasing it. I need 24 GPIO pins to control a bunch of relays and I'm not particularly enticed by the idea of multiplexing to solve this issue.

Aidan
Attachments

[The extension ino has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”