More browser bugs

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
NukeHunter

More browser bugs

Post by NukeHunter »

Love Adafruit io, thanks for being awesome!
A couple of bugs I noted a while ago: (mostly while using safari on my iPhone)
1. When adding or editing a gauge, you can't delete the contents of various fields. Like minimum, maximum, label, decimal places. For example, when you try to delete the contents of the minimum box to enter your own value, the contents are immediately replaced with the default. You have to leave something in there and edit around the contents which is pretty difficult.
2. Date/time stamps on dashboard seems erratic. Usually off and sometimes shows up when you tap a gauge, but sometimes doesn't. Maybe just leave it on? (Make that an option?) Also I saw the time stamp be wrong once on a browser load(time stamp didn't actually match data point that was displayed.)
3. Not necessarily a bug, but it can be hard to reorganize the dashboard on a pc and then view it on a phone and vice-versa. I had everything horizontal on a pc and then my phone showed it vertical with huge gaps between each gauge.

Thanks again for being awesome!

jwcooper

Re: More browser bugs

Post by jwcooper »

Hey, thanks for reporting these issues. I've filed them in our internal tracker.

For option 3, there are multiple size layouts (it's not super obvious) for dashboards that you can save. If you shrink the horizontal space to about the size of a phone and edit the layout, you can save it independently of the desktop layout.

You'll see the button looking text LG change to SM.

NukeHunter

Re: More browser bugs

Post by NukeHunter »

Thank You!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”