Unable to edit feeds

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
capnorth

Unable to edit feeds

Post by capnorth »

Hi Adafruit!

I have been happily using and editing my feeds for years, but about a month ago I lost the ability to edit the feeds. I cannot change graph time ranges (24 hours, 2 days, 7 days, etc) or dial or slider gauge limits. I have tried everything I could think of, but can't seem to find where to set these parameters.

What did I miss? Everything else is working great and I love your IOT products.

Thanks, Mark

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Unable to edit feeds

Post by brubell »

Both features are still here.

Graph time ranges are located on the Line Chart Block's settings when you create a new block:
graphlims.png
graphlims.png (94.69 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Same with the gauge limits:
gaugelimits.png
gaugelimits.png (145.97 KiB) Viewed 177 times

capnorth

Post by capnorth »

Thanks for the replies and graphics. I am familiar with creating a new block, as you described. However, my current problem is with editing existing blocks.

I have discovered the problem only occurs on my Android devices, such as my Samsung phone and tablet. Editing blocks behaves correctly on my Windows device.

On an Android device, when I ask to edit a block and I am presented with the gear icons in the corner of each block, I do not get any useful response when I click on any of these gear icons like I used to get. There is a quick flash refresh of the block outline, then no further menu appears. Then, my only options are to save or cancel the edit session.

As I mentioned in a previous post, editing blocks was working great for me for years (on Android) until November, 2021. Since most of my IOT monitoring is done using Android, I am still looking for a fix. Perhaps a November Android update broke something in the Adafruit interface.

Thanks for your help.

Mark
Attachments
Screenshot_20211222-084729_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-084729_Chrome.jpg (487.57 KiB) Viewed 171 times
Screenshot_20211222-084636_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-084636_Chrome.jpg (444.58 KiB) Viewed 171 times

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

Thank you for providing further details. We've filed an issue internally and will see if we can find a fix for it.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”