q on feed

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
jimk123

q on feed

Post by jimk123 »

I have a feed I am uploading data to every 90 seconds, when I look at the feed there is a spike on 12/29 @ 5pm dcAmps 2.46 but when I look at the details I do not see that data point ?
thanks
IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg (298.5 KiB) Viewed 240 times
IMG_0161.jpg
IMG_0161.jpg (301.89 KiB) Viewed 240 times

jwcooper

Re: q on feed

Post by jwcooper »

It looks like the data aggregator may have miscalculated the data.

We take your data and process it so that it won't need to display so many data points on a graph. Each time frame for charting has a set of data that is used to chart for that time period.

You can modify your chart to show 'raw data only', and that may help. Also, changing the time frame may as well.

We'll look into the root cause of this issue as well.

jimk123

Post by jimk123 »

Thanks for the quick reply!

nomadicfrog

Post by nomadicfrog »

I'm having a similar problem, I think. I'm adding my info to this thread, since I think it's the same. If it should be a new separate thread, please let me know or move it, and apologies.

My sensor / code sent some erroneous data at one point last night. I manually deleted those entries from the Feed, but it seems one data point still appears in the graph.
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 08.49.35.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 08.49.35.png (101.94 KiB) Viewed 217 times
The red arrows show where the erroneous data supposedly is (but isn't).
The red arrows show where the erroneous data supposedly is (but isn't).
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 08.50.15.png (97.12 KiB) Viewed 217 times
I saw your suggestion in another post to "only show RAW data" and to try changing the time period, but if the RAW data trick worked, I couldn't tell since it then only shows the most recent 640 data points (and the problem is older than that) and changing the time period didn't seem to help. As this data are my local barometric pressures, having this one data point way out of range makes the resulting graph pretty useless as it compresses the Y axis line so much it's now basically a flat line.

I see other odd behavior when trying to edit the blocks and save the new layout. I've tried clearing my browser cache and restarting the browser, even logged in with a different browser, can't really seem to help anything. (macOS 11.16.1, Safari 15.1, Firefox 95.0.2).

Shaunsail

Post by Shaunsail »

I too have ‘bad’ data I would like to remove. I have deleted the points but they still show on the graph. Is there a simple way to purge all the data and start again?

sybixian

Post by sybixian »

I've also got the same issue - my sensor sent dodgy data that I've removed, but it's still showing in the chart.

I see there's a suggestion to "only show raw data"... But I'm not sure where to find that option?

It'd be great to have a button (or even an automatic thing) to recalculate the graph.

Thanks in advance!

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

It's on our short list to get this issue solved, but re-evaluating data is quite expensive computationally, so we have to be careful how we implement any solutions to re-aggregating the data.

To show only the 'raw data' in a chart, you can edit your chart block (on dashboard, edit it in the upper right, and then edit the block specifically. In the chart options there is a toggle to only show the raw data.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”