Feed not updating on mobile device

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
ksprayberry

Feed not updating on mobile device

Post by ksprayberry »

I'm not 100% sure this is happening, but I keep watch on the temperature and humidity in the basement of our remote cabin. Most of the time I am watching the feed off and on from a mobile device and it seems like it is constantly dropping out and not recording temperature and humidity. I'll look and it's been a day or so since it's reported. It's so frequent that I put the device on a Kasa switched plug so I can restart it. I know, I need to figure out how to check in code and reconnect the wifi that way. Maybe ping google and see if I get a response and if not reconnect. Anyways, the more I watch it, the more I think it's just not updating on my iphone XS max device. I've went to a desktop computer on occasion and saw that it was actually recording the data points. I've tried to refresh the page and even load a new page on the iphone, but it doesn't seem to help. I think it is a combination of both dropping the wifi connection and the page not updating, but between the two I can't seem to get a consistent reliable stream of data. I want to say that when I go to the desktop and look at it and then come back to the iphone it has updated. I'll keep watching this and trying to resolve it. I have just swapped the connection to the extender which is closer to the device, so I'll see if I can get a good run with it. I am using a QT Py esp32 and an AHT sensor.

jwcooper

Re: Feed not updating on mobile device

Post by jwcooper »

I do know the desktop will need a hard refresh when your computer goes to sleep to get all the latest data (particularly charts).

We'll look into the iphone not updating. So you're saying, even after you refresh the page, the data still won't stream in?

ksprayberry

Re: Feed not updating on mobile device

Post by ksprayberry »

jwcooper wrote:I do know the desktop will need a hard refresh when your computer goes to sleep to get all the latest data (particularly charts).

We'll look into the iphone not updating. So you're saying, even after you refresh the page, the data still won't stream in?
I can't be 100% sure that's what is happening, but it seems that way. I can go to the address line in the mobile browser on my phone and click in it and hit go and it doesn't update. I want to say that I can even open a new page and it doesnt' seem to update. I think the trouble is that I am also dropping connection too, so it's sometimes hard to say whether it is one or both when you're looking at it. I will start being more observant and going to the desktop to confirm. I wanted to post this and see if there were other people seeing this or if it was just me. Probably me, but you never know. I tried to search, but didn't have much luck. Thanks!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”