HUZZAH32 – ESP32 AdafruitIO Connection Issue

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
dchatzin

HUZZAH32 – ESP32 AdafruitIO Connection Issue

Post by dchatzin »

Hello All,

I am trying to run the simple publish example for AdafruitIO with my Huzzah32. I am in an educational network, so my only wifi options are either with username + password, or the open network (no password). I guess that the first option is ruled out. I successfully connected with the wifi connect example to the open network (I just didn't include the password parameter), however in the publish example for AdafruitIO, when I do not feed it a password it gives me an error. Is there any possibility to connect with no password and use the publish example?

Thanks for your time.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: HUZZAH32 – ESP32 AdafruitIO Connection Issue

Post by brubell »

Is there any possibility to connect with no password and use the publish example?
Not presently, it'd need to be added to the library. You may want to file an issue here, keeping in mind that there's no ETA for issues being resolved: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_IO ... issues/new

Why are you unable to connect using the WiFi's username/password?

dchatzin

Re: HUZZAH32 – ESP32 AdafruitIO Connection Issue

Post by dchatzin »

Why are you unable to connect using the WiFi's username/password?
The problem is that for the secured network, I need to login with my school credentials (username and PW). In that case there are 3 parameters, the network's ssid, and my username and password.

Thank you for the quick response. I will open an issue as you suggested.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”