error: 'class WiFiClass' has no member named 'setPins'

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Giv

error: 'class WiFiClass' has no member named 'setPins'

Post by Giv »

Is there a fix for the above issue between Adafruit Airlift Breakout and the board 'adafruit metro grand central m4' ? I am trying to update the FIRMWARE VERSION on the two Adafruit Airlift Breakout. Is there a new Arduino compatible Adafruit WIFININA lib. ?

Thank you.

dastels

Re: error: 'class WiFiClass' has no member named 'setPins'

Post by dastels »

You're using the Adafruit version of WifiNINA? As per https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-air ... ut/arduino.

You can check in Arduino's library manager for any updates to the library.

Dave

Giv

Post by Giv »

Hi Dave,
No, It seems there are multiple WiFi.h and had to pick the correct one. I know I have the latest Arduino WiFiNINA "1`.8.13". But I found two other helpful posts on this issue:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=158596&p=782046&hi ... M4#p782046

and
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=164725#p811069. You can close this issue.

Thank you.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

The Adafruit "fork"/version of WIFININA includes the setPins() function. The Arduino version does not.

Here's how to fix it,

1) Please uninstall the version of the WiFiNINA library you have installed in Arduino.

2) Then, follow the steps on this page to install the Adafruit version of WiFiNINA: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-air ... -3024912-5

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”