Some feeds' changes don't trigger IFTTT and some do

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
ExtremeBias

Some feeds' changes don't trigger IFTTT and some do

Post by ExtremeBias »

Hi I need some help!

I am trying to set up a new IFTTT applet (Applet3) to be triggered on any change to Adafruit IO Feed3. But whenever there is a change to Feed3, the applet is not triggered. The IFTTT applet activity shows no activity. I have checked and rechecked. Disconnected and connected the applet. Reconnected the IFTTT <> Adafruit connection and re-authorised. None of this worked. I have then put aside Applet 3 and created Feed4 and Applet4 and tried again. And then repeated the above troubleshooting. I can't get it to work. There is no rate limiting in place.

Despite all this - I actually have two feeds working - Feed1 and Feed2 - integrated successfully with 2 IFTTT applets. Through IFTTT webhooks I connect both applets also into home assistant.

Why home assistant can send a message to Applet1 to send data to Feed1.
Any change to Feed2 triggers Applet2 to send a message to home assistant.

This took me quite a while to debug to get all this working the first time. But now I can't get Applet3 and Feed3 or Applet4 and Feed4 to work.

ExtremeBias

Re: Some feeds' changes don't trigger IFTTT and some do

Post by ExtremeBias »

SOLVED - you need to turn OFF feed history in the Feed settings. I couldn't find any information on the requirement for this, but with feed history ON no feed changes are triggered into the IFTTT service.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”