Porting Particle projects to ESP32 Feather Boards?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
jamos

Porting Particle projects to ESP32 Feather Boards?

Post by jamos »

I'm wondering if anyone here has an inkling as to the best strategy or procedure in order to have parallel projects that can run on the Adafruit ESP32 Feather boards as well as the Particle Feather boards? I'm partial to the Particle DevOS and VSCode integration and I'd like to take take occasional advantage of their embedded LTE capability. On the flip side, the bulk of my needs don't require cloud, so for those applications I'd plunk down an Adafruit S3 Feather in place of the Particle SoM. I presume VSCode and Platform IO are my best option for Espressif-based SoM's from Adafruit.

Any advice appreciated as how to best manage these needs, and thanks in advance for your answers.

eherrada

Re: Porting Particle projects to ESP32 Feather Boards?

Post by eherrada »

Maybe include some platform detection using

Code: Select all

os.uname()
that then sets a variable that tells different code block to run depending on the board the code is on.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”