Image Trasnfer to eInk Display

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
K4Kaushik

Image Trasnfer to eInk Display

Post by K4Kaushik »

I have been working on the nRF52832 Blue Feather module, using the BlueFruit Le Connect app I can send images to the module to display on an e-paper display.
But I want to do the same automatically, between two nRF52832 Blue Feather modules.

I found the following instructions, but couldn't implement the same for the nRF52832 module code.

Code: Select all

/* The Image Transfer module sends the image of your choice to Bluefruit LE over UART.
 * Each image sent begins with
 * - A single byte char '!' (0x21) followed by 'I' helper for image
 * - Color depth: 24-bit for RGB 888, 16-bit for RGB 565
 * - Image width (uint16 little endian, 2 bytes)
 * - Image height (uint16 little endian, 2 bytes)
 * - Pixel data encoded as RGB 16/24 bit and suffixed by a single byte CRC.
 * Format: [ '!' ] [ 'I' ] [uint8_t color bit] [ uint16 width ] [ uint16 height ] [ r g b ] [ r g b ] [ r g b ] … [ CRC ]
 */
Could anyone help me to how to sent the image bitmap from one nRF52832 Module to another module?

rooppoorali

Re: Image Trasnfer to eInk Display

Post by rooppoorali »

Where are you facing problems? With the image conversion or image transfer?

K4Kaushik

Re: Image Trasnfer to eInk Display

Post by K4Kaushik »

I converted the image into two bitmaps of Red-White (8-bit) and Black-White (8-bit). So I have two uint8_t objects.
But while receiving images using the sample code of Image Transfer, I saw some instructions as I mentioned in the previous post.

As I can't send direct bitmap files (Array/variable) need to add '!', 'I', and the Size of the image before sending it. I need help to send those bitmap files over BLE between two nRF52832 Blue Fruit Modules.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”