Having Trouble getting your data to display?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
fmbfla

Having Trouble getting your data to display?

Post by fmbfla »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this quirk,
If you are having troubles getting your widgets to display the correct DATA or any DATA at all on any one of the graphical widgets on your "www.io.adafruit.com/yourusername" IO SITE
(the TEXT BLOCK seems to always werk right)

First make sure your IO device is sending DATA and that the adafruit IO server shows it is receiving YOUR DATA by checking in "YOUR FEEDS".
if your not seeing the YOUR DATA that you think your sending, check your end (Serial output).

If the adafruit IO shows YOUR recent DATA (within seconds) in your feeds then.....

Disconnect your IO device from the IO server (Power down your IO device) .

Go back to your dashboard @ https://io.adafruit.com/dashboards, select the dashboard that your widgets are in (or delete it and create a new dashboard) then select the EDIT button and delete any widget that is giving you an issue, or (if ya got a bunch of things) delete all of them and start from scratch.

Then click on the DONE EDITING button.

(MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT SENDING DATA TO YOUR ADAFRUIT IO ACCOUNT AT THIS TIME!).
Now go through the normal steps of selecting your widgets and the correct feed for each widget.
you dont need to move or resize the widgets while you are creating them, just let them land where they do for now.
Close your browser.
Power up your IO device and watch the Serial port for any errors, If no Posting errors are seen you
can go back to https://io.adafruit.com/dashboards select the dashboard you edited and........
The DATA should now displayed with the correct feed attached to it.

I know this all looks trivial but I spent a few hours messing around with this IO thingy and finally figured it out:-p

Hope this helps for any NOOB's
Drew

jwcooper

Re: Having Trouble getting your data to display?

Post by jwcooper »

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. This should be resolved this week. Your workaround should help with fixing this bug.

Thanks!

jwcooper

Re: Having Trouble getting your data to display?

Post by jwcooper »

This should now be resolved. No need to disconnect your device while adding blocks anymore. Let me know if you still see issues. Thanks!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”