When I deleted all my data, I lost my account/access to Adaf
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

When I deleted all my data, I lost my account/access to Adaf

by jmpantelis on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:55 am

Hi, I don't know what happened, but when I performed the task to delete all my data, my account stopped working. How can I regain access to my account?

jmpantelis

Re: When I deleted all my data, I lost my account/access to

by jwcooper on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:48 pm

That destroyed everything, including your account associated with IO. The UI was just changed yesterday to separate the destroy into two different actions with text explaining what each does.

Click the link again on https://io.adafruit.com to join up, and reply here and I'll set you up again.

Out of curiosity, what data were you trying to delete? Dashboards, feeds, data in feeds? Trying to build a UI that accommodates this.

Thanks!

jwcooper

by jmpantelis on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:05 pm

I wanted to delete all my feed data at once, and thought that option in account management was going to do that, and not remove my profile and access data as well. I followed the link you provided, and it took me to a page where I do not have an option to re-request my access. Please advise. Thank you.

jmpantelis

by jwcooper on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Did you also want to delete the feeds, or just the data the feeds contained?

I've elevated your role, you should have access to IO again.

jwcooper

by jmpantelis on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Thank you! I am back in.

I wanted to delete the data only, no structure or setup. When I think of data, I am not thinking about all my account data or meta-data, I am thinking about just the IoT or sensor data that I am sending/receiving.

I see that there are two options to delete data (including all feeds/daskboard structure), and one to commit seppuku.

That makes it more clear now. But perhaps you want to have an option to delete feed data only (perhaps selectively by feed), another to delete data buckets by type (feeds, groups, dashboards, triggers/actions), and another one that is really hard to get to which cancels/deletes the account.

Thanks again for re-activating my account.

jmpantelis

by jwcooper on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks for the feedback, and I agree about needing the different levels of deletion more than we have now. We'll add this to the list.

jwcooper

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.