Specifying labels for Y-axis?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
sangamon

Specifying labels for Y-axis?

Post by sangamon »

In the Line Graph block, there doesn't seem to be a way to specify the values which actually show up in the Y-Axis. Rather, they appear to be dynamically generated. I thought that the minimum and maximum settings might do that, but they don't. Is there a hidden option, or should I request that as an enhancement?

jwcooper

Re: Specifying labels for Y-axis?

Post by jwcooper »

The values are computed based on the minimum and maximum values your data contains. If you set a y-axis min and max it will limit the axis to those set limits. What are you seeing instead? What would you like to happen?

sangamon

Post by sangamon »

The scale is indeed set using the min and max in my data. The problem with that is that the scale of the graph jumps around as more data loads. I would prefer to set the scale myself, so the presentation is consistent. Thanks.

sangamon

Post by sangamon »

Here is some additional info on the line graph block. I have a max of 100 set on a line graph. I had some out of bounds data (104), and note that the graph plotted that data.

sangamon

Post by sangamon »

And, here is some additional, additional data. I had a spurious value of 429496759 occur. The line graph adjusted to match that value. As you might imagine, my 0-100 values are now severely compressed on the graph.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”