Import from Excel / .csv ??

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
iainw

Import from Excel / .csv ??

Post by iainw »

Hi,
I'd like to import a bunch of data from another site I have been using for logging temperature readings from an ESP8266 board.
I can download the data into Excel.
Is there any existing way to upload bulk .csv data into .io ? or should i code my own?

Best wishes, Iain

jwcooper

Re: Import from Excel / .csv ??

Post by jwcooper »

Hi, as of now you'd need to create your own bulk uploader script. It should be fairly easy with any of the client libraries.

We do have an open issue to support bulk uploading of data, at least within a client library.

Our most advanced library right now is the node library, if you're looking for a place to start:
https://github.com/adafruit/adafruit-io-node

iainw

Post by iainw »

Thanks, i will take a look

daddyoh

Post by daddyoh »

If you know Java or Python there are great libraries to read excel spreadsheets directly. I would probably start with python because it is very easy. Or even export to csv and use python to iterate over the data and use the IO api to insert into the IO system.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”