Beaglebone Black?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
bradt

Beaglebone Black?

Post by bradt »

I've been messing with Adafruit IO today. Having a blast with it.

I've been able to use the Adafruit IO Python Client Library to get the Black working, but it took some time to track that down in the learning system.

Using the ESP8266 Huzzah on the other hand, was much simpler and better documented.

Any plans on adding some info for BeagleBone Black?

Thanks!
Brad

bradt

Re: Beaglebone Black?

Post by bradt »

For anyone else interested in this. I've been having another play with it today, and have gotten it working with the Paho C client on the BeagleBone Black.. I've only done a few tests so far, but it seems pretty reliable.

Hopefully more direct BBB and C support will be coming soon. :)

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

Hey, I'm glad it's working for you. We're definitely working on the documentation yet. Also, we're overhauling the python, and ruby libraries soon, and both should be synched up better with the rest of the client libraries.

We'll most likely be adding a lot more tutorials, including some specifically using the BBB. I'm guessing they'll be focused around the Python, Ruby, or Node libraries.

Was performance the main driver to using the Paho C client?

bradt

Post by bradt »

Thanks for the reply.

It's not really performance related. I've had no issues with the adafruit python BBB libraries. I guess it's just a preference thing, plus I already have a few custom libraries set up to control modules (Bluetooth, relays, etc) and allocate pins in C.

bradt

Post by bradt »

Don't see where to edit my last post, but I forgot to say thanks for all you and everyone else are doing. Glad to see that there will be more BBB specific stuff coming.

It's also very cool to see the responsiveness, and how quickly this whole thing is evolving and improving.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”