Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit IO/ IFTTT Not Pushing to Uno Board
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit IO/ IFTTT Not Pushing to Uno Board

by AKalyanpur on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi all!

I'm new to this whole Adafruit IO/Arduino thing, so I hope the following issue I am running into is clear enough.

I am using the following:

Arduino Uno
HUZZAH ESP8266 Breakout

My Arduino IO project uses an IFTTT recipe as follows: When I complete a task in my task management software, the completed task gets pushed to Adafruit IO. From Adafruit IO, my code reads the Adafruit IO dashboard and lights LEDs on my Uno-powered breadboard.

However, there are times where, even though I can see the data getting pushed to my Adafruit IO dashboard, the data does not show up in the Serial Monitor of my code, meaning that the data is not getting pushed (or read?) to my board.

I am wondering what might be the cause of this, and if anyone else has had similar issues?

Thanks!!
Arjun

AKalyanpur

Re: Adafruit IO/ IFTTT Not Pushing to Uno Board

by jwcooper on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:01 pm

How are you connecting your uno to your esp8266? Do you see the data coming into the esp8266 breakout?

jwcooper

by AKalyanpur on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi again,

Sorry for the confusion. The situation is as follows:

I am using the ESP8266 Breakout Board (no Uno). My code is loaded up, and I have created an IFTTT Trigger to push data to Adafruit IO when I add tasks to my list.
Adafruit IO is receiving those tasks from the IFTTT trigger, however, there are times when it pushes it to my NeoPixel Ring and times when it does not. As you can see below, my original triggers worked in lighting 5 of the LEDs, however, any additional tasks I tried to trigger after that got pushed to the Adafruit IO feed/dashboard, but did NOT light up the LEDs on my ring. I know it is not a coding problem as I have gotten almost all my LEDs to light up.

It seems random as to when the connection is working or not. I am not sure if it is a connection issue on my end or perhaps the nature of the Beta of Adafruit IO.

I have attached some photos as well to try and show what I mean.

Todoist List.png
Todoist List.png (321.49 KiB) Viewed 388 times

Ada IO Dashboard.png
Ada IO Dashboard.png (434.32 KiB) Viewed 388 times

Incomplete Ring.JPG
Incomplete Ring.JPG (750.82 KiB) Viewed 388 times

Thanks!!
Arjun

AKalyanpur

by meloffbird on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:57 am

Can you link to the code that you are using? Trying to do something similar.

meloffbird

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.