Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Is Dashboard block creation/modification very slow?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Is Dashboard block creation/modification very slow?

by rfarmeriowa on Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:54 am

Just starting to use adafruit.io. I have successfully created a feed and am adding data to it every five minutes.

Now I am trying to edit my dashboard but there are lots of basic issues:
1. When clicking the link that says "Edit your dashboard blocks and layout," nothing happens except that a small gray line creeps across the displayed page from right to left. Then a small blue dot follows the small gray line from right to left. This takes several minutes, but there is no indication of what's going on or what the small gray line or blue dot mean.

2. When I create a new block, it doesn't appear immediately but DOES sometimes appear later, so it's difficult to know what's happening.

3. Is there a link from https://www.adafruit.com/ to https://io.adafruit.com/ ?
If so, I couldn't find it.

I really like the tools available on the dashboard, but creating or modifying a block seems to be very slow although it may work eventually. Thanks for your work and any suggestions, especially on the above questions.

rfarmeriowa

Re: Is Dashboard block creation/modification very slow?

by jwcooper on Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:51 pm

What browser and operating system are you using?

We don't have a link to IO from the other sites yet. We'll figure something out eventually, but don't want to promote it too much while we're still in the beta.

jwcooper

by rfarmeriowa on Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Windows 7/Internet Explorer 11 - nothing fancy. I didn't try Firefox or Chrome - would they work better/faster?

rfarmeriowa

by rfarmeriowa on Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Sure enough - Chrome seems to run much faster, so maybe it's just an issue with IE, although IE is what I usually use.

rfarmeriowa

by jwcooper on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We'll check out IE11 and see if we can speed it up a bit.

jwcooper

by maxleclercq on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Hello,
I'm getting the same issue, was there any changes made? I cannot see my dashboard neither and things are very slow. Looks like all the blocks were removed from the dashboard, When adding a new block, it's not immediately showing or is in a tiny window. Tried with both IE and Chrome. Worked ok yesterday 12/26 and dashboard and feeds were operational, not today anymore.
Thanks!

maxleclercq

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.