Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is part of the Stop Hate for Profit campaign. Adafruit is open and shipping.

Can I specify color in either stream block or line chart blo
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can I specify color in either stream block or line chart blo

by rfarmeriowa on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:28 pm

When I graph two feeds in one line chart block, each feed is automatically a different color (but I apparently can't specify the color). When I list two feeds in a stream block, both feeds are the same color. Can I do either of the following:
1. Allow the selection of a different color for each feed in a stream block (to make it easier to tell them apart)
2. Allow the selection of a color for each feed on a line chart (and then I could match the line chart feed color to the stream block feed color.)
Thanks for any suggestions.

rfarmeriowa

Re: Can I specify color in either stream block or line chart

by jakeloggins on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:59 pm

I second this request for better labeling of line charts. If I put three feeds in a line chart, they are all different colors, but there is no legend to tell me which feeds those colors represent. I have to add feeds one at a time, remember or write down what the colors represent, and then remember them again each time I look at the dashboard.

jakeloggins

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.