Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

feeds renamed and renumbered late on December 31
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

feeds renamed and renumbered late on December 31

by sangamon on Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Last night, at 18:28 Adafruit.IO time, my active feeds were changed inside Adafruit.IO. In my feeds, the old names & keys were "Inside Temperature" and "inside_temperature", with an ID in the 1500 range. The new names & keys are now "inside_temperature" and "inside-temperature", and the new ID is in the 500,000 range. There is a similar change for the humidity feed. The old feeds are still defined, but no data is going in them. The sketch in my ESP8266 still using the old names, but the data is being logged to the new names. My graphs and gauges do not work, as they are looking for the old names.

sangamon

Re: feeds renamed and renumbered late on December 31

by bmwilton on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:23 pm

I had the same basic thing happen. Feed names were changed and the numbers were now in the 500000 range.
I created a new dashboard and used the new feed names and everything is working OK.....................

bmwilton

by zlp on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm

This happened to me too! How frustrating! Please don't change our feeds without notification, adafruit!
-Zach

zlp

by jwcooper on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi, your feeds weren't changed, but the way you access them were changed. Your old feeds are still there. Sorry for the non-notice on this though. This feature went out early with performance changes that were necessary prior to the weekend. We're trying to simplify how you access the feeds. We previously had 3 different ways to get the same resource and it wasn't necessary. The one way to do this is now using the feed name only. The id and key access have been removed.

jwcooper

by zlp on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:42 am

I appreciate the explanation. I'm all for simplicity! There was a pretty nasty side-effect though: All our dashboards broke (maybe related to case-sensitivity?). You said "The one way to do this is now using the feed name only." OK, that's all I was ever doing in the first place, but now I have copies of all my feeds with identical names (except for case) and I had to redo my dashboard to point to the new (lowercase) version of each feed, otherwise I got a whole lotta nothing. No biggie since my application was simple, but just thought you should know what was going on.

TL/DR: Data is published to the "simplified" feeds just fine, but existing dashboards can't display them.

Also filed Github issue: https://github.com/adafruit/io-issues/issues/95

zlp

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.