Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

making dashboard public
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

making dashboard public

by rsegoly on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:13 am

I have 4 dashboards, I am trying to change two of them to be public, but it seems that whatever I change only the default one is changed, and also the icon stay the same so no indication.

Great platform BTW

rsegoly

Re: making dashboard public

by jwcooper on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Thanks! I've filed an issue, and we'll check it out:
https://github.com/adafruit/io-issues/issues/96

jwcooper

by ron_g on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Any news on this one? I tried to make one of my dashboards public and it went through the motions but didn't seem to change it. When I tried to set it public a second time it doesn't do anything when I click on the lock icon.

ron_g

by richteel on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:34 pm

FYI: I just made one of my dashboards public and it seems to be working fine. My guess is that this was fixed since the last post.

richteel

by hukuzatuna on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:17 am

Interesting. I have a Feather M0 WiFi with a NeoPixel FeatherWing, which I can control with the color picker on AIO. I've made the dashboard public, and I can see it from an incognito window in Chrome, but it doesn't allow me to select and "save" a color, so it never sends the value to the Feather. The setup works flawlessly when I'm logged into AIO. Am I doing something wrong, or is the public color picker not working correctly?

Cheers,
Phil

hukuzatuna

by hukuzatuna on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:25 am

Incidentally, my public NeoPixel dashboard is at https://io.adafruit.com/hukuzatuna/controlneopixels if anyone wants to send me a color. :-)

Cheers,
Phil

hukuzatuna

by jwcooper on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Public dashboards are read-only. The state of the buttons appears to show they will work, but nothing is sent unless you are signed in.

We're working on a new version of the api/dashboard that we hope will allow for read-write public dashboards, but have no ETA on this feature yet.

jwcooper

by rsegoly on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:24 pm

there is a question I asked before and it was not answered. Will your platform be available for commercial usage? I use but I need to understand if it will be furthered developed, have more public dashboards and be supported

rsegoly

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.