Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

What does "Completed at" mean?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

What does "Completed at" mean?

by sjam on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm

What does the "Completed at" field mean in my feed?
Sorry if this is a basic question, but I'm not finding the answer in the documentation.

sjam

Re: What does "Completed at" mean?

by jwcooper on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:07 pm

It's an in-development feature to build a simple queuing system with the REST API. You can queue up actions, and mark them as completed to know which ones are next. Think if you had multiple sensors sending data, and one consumer that processes that data. You could ensure the processor doesn't run things multiple times, etc.

Or a robot that you issue commands to it. "Go forward 3 seconds." "Turn right 1 second." The robot would then go through those commands in order. There are some undocumented helper commands to use the completed_at value.

jwcooper

by sjam on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:17 pm

That's prety cool. Thanks for the response.
What causes an entry to get marked complete? Items in my feed are being marked as complete and I'm not calling API to complete them. The values "are" being consumed as messages by an MQTT client, so does that mark them complete?

sjam

by jwcooper on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:19 pm

I don't think they should be marked as complete by just subscribing to them. We'll have to dig into that and see if that's the desired behavior.

jwcooper

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.