Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is part of the Stop Hate for Profit campaign. Adafruit is open and shipping.

Public Dashboards are not public - require login?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Public Dashboards are not public - require login?

by pellico on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:05 pm

what I see on the other device is the "join the Adafruit IO Beta" page. Looking quickly it's a bounce from the dashboard page over to the Beta intro page.
My dashboard is here

https://io.adafruit.com/pellico/pressure-sensor

And all feeds and the dashboard were made public.

pellico

Re: Public Dashboards are not public - require login?

by hukuzatuna on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:18 am

Pellico,

You are correct that "public" doesn't really mean public, in the sense that they allow anonymous access from the Internet. I ran into the same problem. I imagine this is on the product roadmap, but we'd have to wait for someone from Adafruit to chime in (I'm a user/customer, not associated with Adafruit). Certainly, I would like the "public" setting to mean "accessible anonymously from the Internet," too.

FWIW, I have an adafruit.io account (obviously) and am able to see your dashboard without any problems.

Cheers,
Phil

hukuzatuna

by aforaste1 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:45 pm

I can see your dashboard too.

aforaste1

by theschles on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:22 am

Dear Adafruit IO Team,

Your work has been great building out Adafruit IO. Where do I vote on making Public dashboards anonymous-read-only? My whole goal for buying the Huzzah plus accessories was to provide a visual display to someone without requiring them to log in.

Please let me know where I can propose and vote for features -- and if there is anything I can do in addition to raise the priority of making Public dashboards anonymous-read-only.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

/Phil

theschles

by jwcooper on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:20 pm

You shouldn't need to be logged in to view public dashboards. This appears to be an issue that we can fix. Will add it to our short list.

Thanks!

jwcooper

by theschles on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:58 pm

jwcooper wrote:You shouldn't need to be logged in to view public dashboards. This appears to be an issue that we can fix. Will add it to our short list.

Thanks!

Thank you :)

theschles

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.