Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

AOI.connect prints "io.adafruit.com ->" then appears to rese
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

AOI.connect prints "io.adafruit.com ->" then appears to rese

by ddykeman on Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:30 pm

HI,

I am having an issue when using the starndard mqtt_cc3k example script Code seems to stop at AIO.Connect() and then appears to reset the Arduino or atleast the code restarts.

Arduino UNO clone
Adafruit CC3000

/************************* WiFi Access Point *********************************/

#define WLAN_SSID "Sarge_IV" // can't be longer than 32 characters!
#define WLAN_PASS "xxxxxxx"
#define WLAN_SECURITY WLAN_SEC_WPA2 // Can be: WLAN_SEC_UNSEC, WLAN_SEC_WEP,
// WLAN_SEC_WPA or WLAN_SEC_WPA2

/************************* Adafruit.io Setup *********************************/

#define AIO_SERVER "io.adafruit.com"
#define AIO_SERVERPORT 1883
#define AIO_USERNAME "ddykeman"
#define AIO_KEY "used my key"

/************ Global State (you don't need to change this!) ******************/

This is the output before and after the reset...

IP Addr: 10.0.0.15
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.1
DHCPsrv: 10.0.0.1
DNSserv: 172.20.10.1

io.adafruit.com -> This is the last thing printed then restarts script (see below)

Adafruit MQTT demo
Free RAM: 618

Init the CC3000...Firmware V. : 1.24

Deleting old connection profiles

Attempting to connect to Sarge_IV...Connected!

i tried 3 different arduino uno's with same results. Please advise...

ddykeman

Re: AOI.connect prints "io.adafruit.com ->" then appears to

by ddykeman on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:30 pm

Have not heard anything in 5 days. Is this a known issue? Please advise... Dave

ddykeman

by ddykeman on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:28 pm

Hello? does anyone monitor these posts???

ddykeman

by ddykeman on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:27 pm

ddykeman wrote:Hello? does anyone monitor these posts???

I guess no one does. Not good, since the Adafruit support page states this is the only way to get technical support. Also not sure about your sites definition of "We will answer questions immediately" but two weeks and counting without any response from anyone i'm sure was not the intent when it was written.

Please advise of a quicker way of getting support.

ddykeman

by jwcooper on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Ensure you have a good power source for your setup. A lot of these resets can be due to the cc3k not getting enough power.

Also, this is currently a free and early access product in beta that is going to have many issues and may require more tinkering and work for the users trying out the beta. We do our best to respond to issues, but can't guarantee we have the answers for you as quickly as you may want them resolved.

jwcooper

by ddykeman on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:02 pm

While connected to the usb port I also have it powered via the barrel jack (5v 2100 mA), I believe this should be sufficient power.

I understand that IO is a beta platform so I tried using Amazon's AWS as well with a same result. Now it seems to work fine when connecting to my IPhone as a hot spot so I have been working with my ISP (Comcast) to see if something on their end, after trying all the values for WLAN_SECURITY, they advised me that I need to contact someone at Adafruit to determine the proper settings. Are there other settings required when not connecting via my iPhone hotspot?

ddykeman

by jwcooper on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:49 pm

No, it should be the same. I'm not really an expert at the CC3k, but it sounds like it could be with how the security on your router is setup if you can connect to the secure iPhone hotspot just fine.

jwcooper

by ddykeman on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:02 pm

I spent an 2 hours on the phone with comcast and have tried every possible combination of security settings in the router. Is there an CC3K expert that can tell me if there are any ports that need to be opened or how to debug this further?

ddykeman

by aforaste1 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:30 am

You might try the adafruit wireless forum. There are a lot of posts on the CC3k, with discussions on how to whitelist your MAC, ensuring its set up for b/g/n, etc. have you tried parking it right next to the router to ensure a strong signal and unplugged any other wireless devices that might be interfering? Sounds like it is timing out and resetting.

aforaste1

by pyremage on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:33 am

I have experienced this exact same issue and have found it to be the wifi shield and not AIO...
The problem is that your DNS settings are being retained from router to router - and UNO to UNO...even through it should be dynamically changing. I am having the same problem and haven't found a fix yet...

pyremage

by ddykeman on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:19 am

pyremage wrote:I have experienced this exact same issue and have found it to be the wifi shield and not AIO...
The problem is that your DNS settings are being retained from router to router - and UNO to UNO...even through it should be dynamically changing. I am having the same problem and haven't found a fix yet...

Thanks for responding Pyremage... Per the last support response, I 'm in the process of reading over the posts in the wireless forum, so far I haven't found anything that helps.

What you describe sounds like a problem that would effect more than a couple of users, do you know of other people having this same issue?

ddykeman

by ddykeman on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:09 pm

I purchased a CC3000 from Sparkfun primarily because they have phone support (if needed). However I didn't need their support... Their CC3000 worked fine right out of the box! I was able to get further in 30 minutes on my own with theirs... than I did in more then 3 weeks with Adafruit "forum based" support.

I will be requesting a refund and referencing this post.

ddykeman

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.