IO errors. ThrottlingError:

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Dean01

IO errors. ThrottlingError:

Post by Dean01 »

I am getting the following error "Adafruit IO.errors.ThrottlingError: Exceeded the limit of Adafruit IO requests in a short period of time. Please reduce the rate of requests and try again latter."

My Python program sends one value every 10 minutes. After 52.75 hours this error appears. So according to my calculations that is only 322 pieces of data. Well within the limits.

I thought that this was a mistake, so I just created a new feed and tried again and the same thing happened.

What am a doing wrong? I would like to experiment with some other data feeds, but if I can't solve this problem, I don't want to try something new. Please help.... I really like this IoT site and this was so easy to use.

rccarman

Re: IO errors. ThrottlingError:

Post by rccarman »

It appears there's currently a fatal error on adafruit's side. My program which has been working for weeks terminated with this error this afternoon and now gets it immediately at start up.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

Are you using the REST API or MQTT in python?

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

This was happening to the REST API. We've resolved this issue. Thank you for letting us know about it.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”