Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Can we get a "lamp" box?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can we get a "lamp" box?

by pyremage on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:10 am

It would be great to have a box that is simply a lamp bulb that is either on or off.
I would like to be able to tell if a circuit is on or off and the gauge doesn't really seem to fit the need as it will not show a simple value like this - either a 1 for on or 0 for off. I am reading the value of several digital ports and sending this data to AIO, but there is no where to render it...

pyremage

Re: Can we get a "lamp" box?

by thedarkhawk on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:52 pm

You could User the togglebutton, not as shinny as a bulb. But it should do the job until there might be a bulb box somewhen

thedarkhawk

Re: Can we get a "lamp" box?

by pyremage on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:49 am

I am using the toggle button, but it is not a reliable way to tell if the circuit actually energized or not; thus, I want to publish back to the server the condition of the circuit, and need a simple lamp to do so.
So far my MCU is only receiving the signal from AIO about 80% of the time, so even though the toggle is showing the switch as active, the MCU may or may not have actually received the data to change.
Too, every so often the MCU has to reset in order to reconnect to the WiFi. When it does all of the relays go back to their initial state, but AIO does not know this and does not reset the toggles to their correct conditions.
What I think would really be great would be that AIO could recognize that the MCU is out of sync and push the correct states back down.

pyremage

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.