Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Manual read of subscribed feed value in setup?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Manual read of subscribed feed value in setup?

by mlubbers on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:57 pm

I am trying to run a system that uses the HUZZAH ESP8266 board on minimal power. I would like to send it into deepSleep for a time between connecting to the MQTT server to check for updates. I haven't implemented this yet as I am still having issues reading values for the subscriptions on startup. I am troubleshooting this currently using only the mqtt_esp8266 example code. Although I change the values while the system is asleep, the huzzah only retrieves updates to the values if the changes are made while the ESP8266 is connected. I may need to create separate posts, but I am also seeing the huzzah miss about 10% or more of the feed updates for which it is subscribed. If I toggle the onoff within 2 or 3 seconds from the dashboard as is seen in the animated gif in the Adafruit IO Basics: Digital Output tutorial, it often requires a reconnect to the MQTT server. I am hoping there is a way to manually retrieve current feed values to hopefully error check the value the controller thinks is most recent. Thank you for any help

mlubbers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.