Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Reactive triggers
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Reactive triggers

by Xarxas on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:48 am

Reactive triggers dont work at all. It is only my problem? I tried redirecting to website after pushing button and change value of feed based on if/else values from other feeds.

Xarxas

Re: Reactive triggers

by jwcooper on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Could you give more details of your trigger settings? Triggers are very much a beta product right now, could definitely be some bugs (we know of a few!).

jwcooper

by Xarxas on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:56 am

In this image i want to trigger kurenie(heat) based on value in teplota(temperature) and thermostat. No value in heat after increase thermostat over temperature.
I do it myself in python script and realized, i must float(payload) from thermostat. So maybe incompatibile types in triggers???
In this image i want to change dashboard after clickong push button. I dont know if it is right, but it doesnt work.
Is there any other option to change dashboard in fullscreen mode? Some kind of menu to swicht between dashboards.

Xarxas

by ron_g on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:17 pm

I have tried to create a reactive trigger that sends me an email, without success. I'm not sure a) if they work or b) if I am setting it up wrong, since there is no documentation that I can find. I see a couple of posts about trouble with triggers but no real answer.

ron_g

by ron_g on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Well, after a couple days of my reactive trigger not triggering, it starting triggering this afternoon. So at least my email trigger is working.

ron_g

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.