Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Multiple, duplicate feeds created
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Multiple, duplicate feeds created

by stonehippo on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:45 am

I ran into a weird issue with MQTT topics and feeds tonight. When attempting to publish to a topic with an ESP8266, if the feed has not been created, or if the feed name is different from the key, a new feed will be created, along with several duplicate feeds. I was using natural feed names, like "Hushbox Event Log" and using the value is the key field in the MQTT topic, i.e. /feeds/hushbox-event-log. It looks like this was a mistake on my part, as the topic name needs to match the feed name, not the feed key. The dupe feeds seem to be a real bug, though.

Details logged as an issue on Github: https://github.com/adafruit/io-issues/issues/119

stonehippo

Re: Multiple, duplicate feeds created

by stonehippo on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:55 am

Well, duh, I guess if I'd seen the new features post, I'd have known that keys have been deprecated: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=86078. But it's still annoying that the duped feeds were created.

stonehippo

Re: Multiple, duplicate feeds created

by jwcooper on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:18 pm

We'll take a look at this. Definitely a bug in that name should be unique within a group, in this case your default group.

jwcooper

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.