Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Image Block cycling images
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Image Block cycling images

by jerbly on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:31 pm

I'm using the image block in a dashboard and I've noticed some unexpected behaviour. If I leave the dashboard open and I send it a series of images instead of showing the most recent one in the feed it actually cycles through all the images that it has received. Is this the intention for this widget?

jerbly

Re: Image Block cycling images

by uniontownlabs on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:23 pm

the image block cycles through images that were pushed during your current browser session, but it only stores the most recent image. the feature was added so users could visualize timelapse and motion detection images from a raspberry pi camera. if it's frustrating, we could add a toggle for that feature.

uniontownlabs

by jerbly on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:36 pm

I think a toggle would be nice. If you are sending the "best" frame from a motion capture for example then you kind of want to see that one in the UI not all the past ones. But, I can see the flip side too. So maybe you click the image itself to switch mode? Best of both worlds?

jerbly

by uniontownlabs on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:32 pm

click to play sounds like a good option. we will plan on adding that feature.

while testing motion detection, it seemed like it helped to have some context about the event. a single still image never really gave me a good picture of what was happening when motion was detected.

uniontownlabs

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.