Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit IO and IFTTT sporatic results
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit IO and IFTTT sporatic results

by h2oyeller on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Ok so the Adafruit IO dashboard is responding to my sensor changes and is looking pretty solid. However the response rate out of IFTTT is not so good. Can anyone shed any light on the Adafruit to IFTTT interaction? Is there a time delay? I was trying a fairly scattered approach with multiple recipes involving the same feed and only one of those seemed to be able to work on occasion. So I'm guessing maybe that isn't a recommended practice from IFTTT.

Now as I write this plea for information I'm trying to narrow my testing in hopes of seeing what is really happening.

h2oyeller

Re: Adafruit IO and IFTTT sporatic results

by adafruit2 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:46 pm

IFTTT has a built in delay, we get messages ASAP they are sent - but from what i recall that can vary and its not like a data streaming service
http://webapps.stackexchange.com/questi ... ing-action

zapier is also ~5 to 15 minute 'sweep'

adafruit2
Site Admin

Re: Adafruit IO and IFTTT sporatic results

by h2oyeller on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:10 pm

Ok thanks for the info. Through a more controlled test I was able to observe the following with a email notification. The time interval is 15 minutes. I used the notification upon change ingredient. And it does keep track of of the number of times upon which the sensor changed and will record that time. However you end up with a separate email for each event change all pushed at the 15 minute interval time.
Knowing that I will continue to do some testing. However since my end use will be a rare occasion notification on this project it is more then workable.

Thanks.

h2oyeller

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.